Industrial Pretreatment Programs
The Industrial Pretreatment Program provides local regulatory oversight for commercial and industrial contributors to the City Of Norman wastewater system. Industrial Pretreatment Program staff works effectively with Significant Industrial Users to protect the wastewater collection system, treatment facility and personnel, the public, and the environment from harmful discharges.
- Prevent the introduction of pollutants into the municipal wastewater system, which will interfere with the operation of the system or contaminate the resulting sludge
- Prevent the introduction of pollutants into the municipal wastewater system which will pass through the system, inadequately treated, into receiving waters or the atmosphere or otherwise, be incompatible with the system
- Improve the opportunity to recycle and reclaim wastewater and sludge from the system
- Provide for the equitable distribution of the cost of the municipal wastewater system
- Protect both Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) personnel who may be affected by wastewater and sludge in the course of their employment and the general public
- Enable the City to comply with its National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit conditions, sludge use and disposal requirements, and any other federal or state, laws to which the POTW is subject